Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tag Time Again

I haven't had much going on lately or to blog about. So I thought that I would play along with this tag.

I am a mom first. I know that sometimes I should put other things and people before my kids but I usually don't. This includes myself. Sometimes it's a good thing to be selfish.
I miss my mom a lot! It's been 11 years and I would really just love to sit down and have an adult conversation with her about kids, husbands, marriage, recipes, potty training you name it. Never take the small things for granted. One day you may really really regret not having something that seems so insignificant now.
I think I am a big kid at heart. I really wish that I could go back to being a kid. When you're little you want to grow up so fast. Now that I am I realize just how much fun it is to be a kid. I am constantly telling my kids to enjoy it while they can.
I know my husband loves me. We have been best friends from the second we met. Seriously.... how lucky am I. We love each other but we also really really like each other too, like staying up WAY too late talking, laughing, just to hang out with each other.
I want to be a better person. I spend a lot of time thinking how could I do this or that better.
I have a lot of little quirks and pet peeves. (way too many to list)
I search for bargains all the time. I love a good bargain. It makes getting whatever it is that you're buying Sooooo much better when you get a great deal!
I wish there were more than one of me. I always feel like there are so many things I wish I could do. I wish that I had more than one of me that could help with that. That way my house would be clean, each of my kids would get one on one time and I might even get time for myself and to spend with my hubby.
I hate mean people. I really do. People that are rude for no reason. I mean really... didn't your momma teach you how to play nice with others?
I am scared of Fred. (Long Story) short version: I wake up all the time with a very real impression in my head of a man standing in my bedroom right next to my bed. My poor husband was not getting any sleep because I would jump onto his side of the bed every single night. So we named him (Fred) and told him he wasn't welcome and to GO AWAY! He's only been back once in the last few months. (I know weird huh! You already knew I was crazy... no big surprise there)
I fear someone breaking into my house. (This may explain Fred)
I always have candy in my house! I am totally an addict. If you ever need a sugar fix I gotcha covered!
I love fall time, when it's cold outside and the house is warm. Yummy food cooking, with the house full of great smells.
I feel unqualified as a parent sometimes. I wish that I knew more about what I was doing. I just hope that my kids aren't too screwed up.
I hear Jay Leno on the TV. I guess it's about time for me to go to bed.
I smell drywall mud. My basement is almost done and the weird smell of Sheetrock dust drywall mud has been stinking up my house all week. Ugg... almost done
I wonder what my kids will be like when they are older. I hope that they will be good upstanding adult, and my best friends.
I care if my kids are being nice or not. I really REALLY do. I try so hard to teach them to be nice to others, respectful of adults, and kind to their family. Sometimes I wonder if any of it is sinking in but at least I'm trying!
I regret not being nicer as a kid and young adult. There were A LOT of opportunities for me to be kinder to someone very special to me. As a kid I didn't understand how important that really was. I there were one thing in my life I could go back and change it would be this.
I am not one to show a lot of emotion. I guess it makes me feel too venerable. Growing up tears=weakness in my brain. I guess that this carried over into adulthood.
I believe in the gospel. I am not one to say this a lot, but I really do. It is not something that ever has come into question for me. I just believe it.... I feel it's truth way down in the core. I am truly thankful for this.
I sing not very well. I will sing along with the radio but not if anyone is around to hear me. Believe me you should all thank me for this!
I write nothing. I am not good at any of this! I never write letters. I rarely write thank you notes. I am really terrible, I should work on this.
I win nothing. I never win the contest or drawing. My husband on the other hand wins stuff a lot. He's always bringing stuff home that he "won" I guess that makes me a winner by default.
I have to hug and kiss my kids every day. It is a must.... when I'm gone from them for more than a couple of hours I go into with drawls.... Good thing school isn't any longer than it is.... I might be in trouble.
I lose. my temper way more than I should. I like to think that this comes from my red-headed short tempered father. Truth is- it's no body's fault but mine. I should be more in control of my emotions.
I never go to bed without putting lotion on my feet. I am so weird. I don't know where this strange habit came from but I CANNOT sleep without putting on lotion. When I'm old and wrinkly I'll have the best looking feet on the block.
I listen to music ALL THE TIME. The radio is almost always on at my house.
I can usually be found with a couple of kiddos in tow. We are kind of a package deal... sometimes this is a very bad deal.... but those are the breaks people, take it or leave it.
I read whenever I can. I tend to ignore all the other responsibilities in life while reading so this can be a problem sometimes.
I am happy most when I'm with my family. I'm one lucky girl

Most of you have already been tagged. So this is for my girls! All the sisters. Let's here it, and NO copying my answers you big cheaters :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you did this post!! It was fun to learn more about you! While I have never named an imaginary intruder before I still have the same fear -- especially when nathan is gone. Yea for the basement almost done!!

Jessica said...

I appreciate that you shared missing your mom. You are amazingly sweet and strong! (Not emotionless)
And candy, I'll be right over;) Got me covered, right? Well, you could quite possibly run out.
And I think I know why "Fred" visits. Ask me, really. No, it's not a pyramid scheme. (Idea from Eat Pray Love)

Jenkins Family said...

I loved this post! Probably because I could see in writing what I already know about you. The funny this is that we all have this kinda banter going on in our heads at any given moment. (At lease women anyway - in one fleeting thought or another) The key is to remember to not be to hard on yourself, hindsight is always 20/20.

Tausha said...

I see that some old things are still the same! thats why i love you! I agree with many of the things that you wrote about hoping that you are being a good parent, teaching them all the things that they should know to be respectable adults. How about that for a run on sentance. You need to remember the good things that you do and the great person that you are. You put a lot of things that you need to work on-I think that you should talk about how fabulous you are. Then when you were done, you will feel great about yourself and all of us readers will be jealous! love ya

Kati said...

Great post.

Hope you are having a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!!!!!

jenn said...

Wasn't this such a fun post? Thanks, Kati, for that.

I loved learning more about you. I'm with you on the fear of intruders, candy, hot-headed temper and mystery people {although mine is a girl}. I can so relate!