Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not so glad to be back

I'm sad to say that our trip to Hawaii has come and gone. We are back from our week long stay on Kauai. People have been asking me if we had fun on our trip. I guess the appropriate reply is yes, even though this doesn't really begin to cover how much fun we had. After ten years it is strange to find yourself alone with your spouse for a whole week. No one is there to interrupt 10 times before you can finish a sentence. It is SO nice!

We stayed on Poipu beech on Kauai. It was rated No 1. beech by the travel channel last year. Now I know why! This was our view from our room. Just around the corner was the sandy part of the beach and the cabana chairs where we spent many relaxing hours!


We paddled down the Wailea river and hiked to the "secret falls". We were so hot and sweaty! It was a cool experience, but required WAY too much effort for a vacation activity! Part of that was due to the guide (ask me about it later)


We also took a little zodiac boat out around the island to the side of the island called the Na'pali Coast. The only way you can get there is by boat it was pretty awesome. We took the bumpiest smallest boat that proved to be more of an adventured. We got to go into little sea caves that the big boats couldn't go into. It was well worth the sore butts that we got in return! Then we snorkeled along a reef over there and visited an ancient Hawaii village that many locals aren't even allowed to go to. (This was only because our guide was part of the rehabilitation project)


We spent plenty of time relaxing and watching the sunset (or sunrise... we had trouble sleeping in over there) Did I mention we had an amazing room! These pictures were taking from the balcony in my room.
We had so much fun. Just hanging out with each other. I've already started planning our 20 year anniversary trip. That one is going to to take a passport for sure! : )

I won't torture you with endless photos. I'll just leave you with one more thing. This video is of me boogie boarding. So FUN!!!! This turned out to be one of my favorite things to do! Who knew! Turn on your sound to hear Michael cracking up while I very un-expertly ride my wave up the beach! Enjoy!

4 comments:

chel wakley said...

Soo Fun I am glad that you guys had such good time. I am jealous. Hey did you ever get my text message about the jewelry party? We are planning on Saturday August 8th at 10:00 We would love to see you.
Bring your sisters if you want

Unknown said...

Oh that looks like a great trip!! Now I want to go :) Glad you got a little time without the kids, it is nice to recharge your batteries. Oh and where did your hubbies hair go? :)

Tamera said...

I still love the way Michael is laughing at you. I'm so glad we could help you and we had sooo much fun with the kids. Thank you for letting us watch them. Love you guys. Talk to you later.

jenn said...

Ahhh...paradise. I'm so glad you had such a fantastic trip. That Hawaii...yum.

Happy Anniversary!