Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My little charmer

As parents we try to teach our children how to be well behaved. We repeat ourselves time and time again. I don't know if any of you feel this way, but I feel like I'm never really heard! But either out of blind hope or pure habit I keep at it. Reminding the kids millions and millions of times all the little things that they should do that will help them become "well mannered".

Today I was silently rewarded. We had a little neighbor girl over to our house today. Dylan and she had been playing and then decided they wanted to run back over to her house. They asked if they could... and I said yes. I was finishing what I was doing and then going to come and help them put on boots and coats. Much to my surprise I come out to find them already leaving. Dylan had helped her get on her boots and then put on his. Then since she didn't wear a coat over he proceeded to unzip his jacket (which has a outer coat and an inner liner) and give her one. They zip up and off they go. Totally oblivious to the fact that mom was secretly watching and smiling proudly. Maybe a little bit of mom's endless hounding has made a difference after all.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAHHH that is too sweet! He must be hearing you at some point :)

Stacie said...

Oh that is soooo cute that he was being such a little gentleman! Way to go Karen...and D!

Anonymous said...

Those are the moments that your heart takes a picture. I have a few of them and now having almost grown kids I can tell you that repeating yourself a million times pays off. It's nice to have others tell you how nice and well behaved your kids are when they are at someone's home. It also gives you hope that they will find someone to marry and leave. Love ya.

Kevin, Amanda & Owen said...

What a gentleman! Sounds like he is listening to you. Your kids are so cute and I can't believe how old they are getting. Sorry it has taken me so long to leave a comment, life just gets crazy sometimes.

Susie said...

How cute of him. I hope I get to see some of that my kids (wherever they may be).

jenn said...

So sweet and so worth all the million reminders!